- Retrieves the data from the UDF discs created by drag and drop CD/DVD/BD writing software. Specifically designed for Roxio DirectCD (Drag-To-Disc) and Ahead Nero software packages.
- Fixes some problems found in UDF file structures created with Roxio DirectCD (Drag-To-Disc).
- Recovers the data created by standalone devices that record directly onto mini discs, including: Sony digital cameras, Hitachi, Panasonic, Canon and Sony DVD camcorders, personal DVD recorders, etc.
- Supports UDF versions: OSTA UDF v.1.02, 1.5, 2.0, 2.01, 2.50, 2.60 and also UDF Bridge format.
- Quick detects the format type (UDF or other) and the version of UDF format implemented.
- Reads closed and open UDF discs, i.e. closed in UDF format or left in "as-is" state by CD/DVD mastering software, including the discs with Microsoft's Live File system, created under Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Vista.
- Analyzes and tests UDF directory structure immediately after insertion of new disc.
- Uses the special methods and algorithms to read the damaged files and folders.
- Can recover each fragment (extent) of UDF file separately.
- Fully transparent and easy-to-use tool. Being built to the common intuitive shell of CDRoller, UDF reader allows using the same options that are available for ISO 9660 discs, including session selector, browsing through directory structure, folders and files copying, CD/DVD/BD Data Recovery, etc.
Additionally, Search of All VATs allows you to quickly find and recover the lost files and folders on write-once discs (CD-R/DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+R DL/BD-R). This option looks for so-called Virtual Allocation Table (VAT) that is being placed on the disc physically when you eject it from your computer drive. VAT's location is crucial for the disks created with the help of drag-and-drop software, such as well-known Roxio (Adaptec) DirectCD and Drag-to-Disc. For example, after you have accidently deleted some files and folders, a new VAT does not point to them. To recover the deleted files, you should use the previous VATs.
To start a search of all VATs, you should check the box with the same name under UDF Reader tab in the program preferences, and then click the Refresh button for a new analysis of inserted disc.
Using found VAT, the program restores an old backup and shows it as a separate session. Further, just use a built-in Session Selector to look into each backup (session).
Finally, Scan UDF Disc allows you to recover the files data from all types of UDF discs that are not working properly. Scan UDF Disc gives you a good chance to retrieve several types of files, including:
- files are not visible in Windows Explorer - the writing process was interrupted by a system or power failure before file directory information was completed, but most or all of the files were written to the disk. This means that the files may be on the CD (DVD, BD), but Windows Explorer cannot see them.
- lost files - complete files that do not have a file name associated with them. They can also be files that you accidently deleted from the CD (DVD, BD).
- files on the disks quick-formatted by Roxio DirectCD and Nero InCD.
- files located on Sony Mavica CD finalized with failure on the camera. Forced scan is recommended.
- M2TS files on the discs that were not finalized by AVCHD camcorders. Forced scan is recommended.
- files located in unreadable (damaged) UDF folders.
When using Scan UDF Disc, you can save the table of contents (names, locations, attributes) of the found files into a separate file. Next time, this will allow you to display the list of files shortly, without a new scan of the same disc, and you can continue to recover the files data. Some lost files found by Scan UDF Disc can be recovered only with the file name disassociated from the data. With the help of built-in File Identifier, you can simply identify the found files by their content and assign the proper extension to the file so that Windows application can open the file.
Buy CDRoller for only US $39! Please feel free to contact us if you have any problems regarding CDRoller including pre-sales support.